Monday, June 15, 2015

MILK TOFFEE
This morning I was surprised to see my wife getting ready to prepare milk toffees, since she is a bit reluctant when it comes to cooking. I was involved in some other work but just kept an eye to see if I could learn from her as I will never forget the adage seek knowledge from cradle to grave. Suddenly I heard the grinding attachment working in full swing and then I asked her what are you doing? She said I am grinding sugar for the milk toffee; I could not help laughing and told her that I have never seen this happening during my entire career. She said that once BILL GATES had told that you should entrust work to a lazy person and the work would be over perfectly and quickly. I had to go out and returned home after three hours and she too had gone out later to attend to some important work. To my astonishment I found a plate full of lovely milk toffee and on her return I inquired through curiosity and she said it took her only half an hour, I want to share this recipe as I am overjoyed. The 100 piece mould was purchased long time ago from Pettah – Colombo at New Munasco situated at gas works street. This recipe has NO WATER, NO ESSENCE, and NO COLOURING. This is an innovative recipe by my wife so hats off to her. 
MILK TOFFEE
INGREDIENTS


Condensed milk 510 grams (sweetened milkmaid brand)
Sugar 600 grams – fine powder (ground using the grinding attachment)
METHOD
Mix the sugar and the condensed milk in a clean (free of any odour of previously cooked curries) cast iron pan (thatchi or kadai) and leave aside for one (01) hour. Later keep this on medium flame and keep stirring continuously till the mixture leaves the side of the pan. Pour this onto the tray and flatten using a piece of oil paper greased with bit of oil, place the cutter and press. Remove the cutter after half (½) an hour and press out the pieces of the milk toffee. Allow complete cooling and store in a clean jar.

PLEASE NOT: The mould and the cutter should be greased in advance 

8 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Where can I buy this cutter and tray?
    Pls email me on anuradhee14gmail.com

    Thanks you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am looking to bu one of these cutter and a tray, Where can I buy this.
    Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please send me details on how I can purchase a toffee cutter. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can i buy this and price detail pls.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi where I can buy this cutter and tray? Please reply to this number 0717125395

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can I buy this cutter and tray.

    ReplyDelete